Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week One Of Captivity.

Wow, I'm finally here. It seem like just yesterday I was still in high-school  not having to worry about any thing. 
Anyways, I'm just going to do a quick run down of what's been going on this past week.

Wednesday (aka the longest day EVER).
So we get to the mtc, you know the rest, my mom and dad drop me off at the door, i get rushed through what seems like 400 people in a matter of minutes. They give me my name tag, a big box of box of book, a big bag of things I need, they take me to my room, then they take me to our class room. 

As I walk into the class room get to finally meet my companions, elder Klime, and Elder Efros, Yeah, I'm in a tri-compinero. Or try companionship. Elder Klime is from Georgia, he just finished a semester at byu studying Performance Piano. we got here him play a little later in the week an it was awesome!! He's freaking good and loves to share his talent, which is way cool. Elder Efros is from Arizona, and Pre mission life he was in a band. He's pretty cool! he brings a lot craziness to our group. I think if it was just me and elder klime, we wouldn't talk very much, but elder efros LOVES to talk which I a good thing for our companionship. Both of them are serving In Porto Alegre Sul and both of them are wait for visias. But Ehhh, such is life. 

Anyways, after I meet my companions I get to meet  with the rest of my district. Everyone in my district is pretty sweet. there's 9 of us total, 3 Elders and 6 Sisters. I don't have time to go write about but every single is awesome and brings such a strong spirit to the class. 

Our teacher is brother Christani. He's from draper and he served in the Brasilia Brazil mission. He's a really great guy and is really helpful in explain Portuguese. 

Now, when you first walk into class the thing that really stands out is that.... Nobody in there is speaking english. Yeah, it's pretty crazy cuz it's like wow, im in this crazy new situation, trying to get to know all these people, and I can't speak english... Yeah, therefore I was pretty confusing and it really made my head hurt. 

We didn't really do much for the rest of the day. Just kinda settled in and got to know our companions 

Thursday was interesting. 

We started out by having a lesson. Of course, it was all in Portuguese cuz you know that's the way things are done here. Then we had study time. then we had another lesson, again in Portuguese. then another study session. It seems like all we do is Pray, study, read, and eat. It's all good though! Thursday night I was pretty much getting settled into the seat of things and actually realize that this is going to be a great two years. It's amazing what It's like to be here with so many cool, friendly and worthy Elders and Sisters. When we first arrived someone made a comment that really stuck with me. They said that the  The MTC is the only place, other than a temple, where you have to have a worthy temple recommend to be here. It's Pretty great!

Thrusday night we meet with our branch presidency. That was cool! Brother Jackson is our President, with Brother Adolphson, and Brother bird as his advisers .  All three of them are really cool and really invite the spirit when you are around them. 

Friday and Saturday were pretty much the exact same.
0630- Wake up. get ready
0700- study
0745- eat
0800- study Portuguese/ scripture study
1200 eat
1230 study
630 eat
730 study
930 back to the dorm
1030 asleep


Yup, that pretty much how our life is going to be.



Sunday was pretty cool. we got to attend our branch. of about 60 missionary serving in either Brazil or Portugal... so yeah.. you guessed it, It was all in Portuguese. It's amazing how much I can actually understand and speak back even though I've only been studying it for like 6 days. 


Monday was the same as Friday and saturday.


Today, Tuesday Is my P-day, and the day I get to email and write back to people. It's kinda nice to have a few minutes of freedom after having every minute of everyday planned out for us. 

If anyone wants to write me I would love to hear from you! My address is:
Elder Justin Taylor Heiner
APR27 BRA-PAS
2009 n 900 e UNIT 101
Provo ut 84602


Also, if you want to communicate with me between P-day, the easiest way to do so while I'm here is to use Dearelder.com. Just go to their website and It will tell you what to do.

Love, Elder Heiner




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment