Monday, February 22, 2016

French toast, and daylight savings time.

Hey everybody!! I hope everyone is having a great week. Things here in brazil are just as crazy as always, this past week we have been running around too crazzy to even count. It's good though. things are working good here in the big old zoo that is porto alegre. 

This week we have been working really hard with our family that we have marked a wedding with. They are super awesome, Juliana and andrelle. The past week they have been having a really hard time with... each other? aghahhaha.  Basically, they've been fighting alot... but, That's what the gospel is for! anyhow, we've been stopping by pretty much every night to help them through this rough patch. It pretty cool to see the progress that they've made already. just another testimony to be that the gospel really can help with whatever problem. Even marriage problems. I think the weirdest part is that we have two 20 year old's here, unmarried, with little relationship advice, counseling a couple with 4 kids... hahahah the mission is a weird thing.. 

We also have been working extensively, with our other family with a baptism date, villençca and carlos. They are progressing really well and we are super excited for their upcoming baptism the 3rd of march. Its crazy how fast they are progressing and being able to help them with their testimony is super awesome.

We've also been working alot with a recent convert named everton. The stake here is getting ready to divide, and we are trying really hard to get all the recent converts ready to receive the M. priesthood. super awesome member, Everybody in the ward just loves him to death. I think he host family home evening like 4 times every week. haha, its pretty awesome. 

This week was a good week, me and elder rufato are getting alot great and he's helping me a ton with portuguese.( swear, I have the hardest time with this language, but I'm improving) .

In my studies this past week, I've been focusing on the spirit, and how we can improve our ability to feel the spirit in every moment possible. Been reading in preach my gospel about our prayers and how we can let the spirit guide our prayers. Well, I was thinking and decided to try something different this past week. Every time I say a prayer in the morning and at night, I will stay on my knees until I feel the spirit. Wow, what a difference this has made. Its incredible what a difference this has made. Seems like this past week I've been able to decerne the whispering of the spirit a whole lot easier and be able to invite the spirit a whole lot easier. My challenge for everyone this week is to try it out. Everytime you say a prayer at night. Stay on you knees until you feel the spirit. some times I've stayed on my knees for a long time, But The consequences are soo worth it. 

Anyways,

Com amor e respeito! 

Meu queridos irmãos e irmas

Vos amo bastante.

Élder Heiner

No comments:

Post a Comment