Monday, February 15, 2016

IMMM BBAAAACCCKKK, welcome to POA

Just what you guys wanted to here... Yes, I'm still alive, Yes, I love my new companion, And sorry I haven't written for awhile... Its been a crazy past few weeks. I'll give you the low down right now. 

So, I'm in a area Called agronomia. It's a little ''Bairro" or, city right out side of porto alegre. Like literally right outside the city limits of porto alegre. I'd compare it to being bountiful to salt lake. Just a few min away. I'm actually in a porto alegre right now as i write this.

About the area, ITS AWESOME. Right now I'm in the zone that pretty much every missionary want to be in. Why? Because this zone is on fire. There are just so many awesome awesome family's that are living here its insane. 

My companion is named elder Rufato. He's from pato branco parana, Brazil. He's almost like an exact copy of My friend Harrison Mayer. The first few days were together I was super dupe confused because I'd turn around and Harrison would be standing there. hahaha. Needless to say we are getting along great. (Harrison If you reading this, You aren't replaced, I've just found your Brazilian doppelganger.)

Also, This is kinda a weird dupla because hes a Zone lĂ­der, and I'm still sitting at junior. The president told me that he put us together so that I could learn how to lead a hold together a zone.... Whatever that mean. 

Because He's a zone leader, and the the other zone leader lives like 5 min away, we are basically in a 4 pack of elders. Mainly because elder rufato, and elder Perreia need to talk about all the zone stuff all the time. Its pretty cool, because Its like I have 3 companions instead of just one. Weird,  But cool at the same time. 

The reason I could email this past week was because Brazil had a their big old holiday.... carnaval.... Which is Brazil's biggest holiday. Basically everything shuts down for 3 day while everyone goes to the city center to party.  We didn't have to stay indoor or anything because Its not that big in our city, but other elders basically had a 3 day nap. 

The work in our area is just plain going great. This is my second week working here and we have already set a date for one of our familys to be married. WHAT? Yes, thats right, we are going to get to marry a family. The process here in Brazil is super complicated so you have to set a date before hand and then go get a bunch of paper work done. Its complicated, but the family, Julianna, and Andrelle are super excited about it. The also have 4 kids, two of with are older than 8 years old. Can I just say that it is sooo much better to teach family's. 

Yesterday me and elder Rufato were trying to find a reference that turned out to be the wrong address when we found a nother awesome family. We knocked on the wrong door and they let us in, we had a super duper powerful lesson, and then after we marked a date for them to be baptized. Bah, its moments like that make the mission sooo awesome. 

this past week has been super busy, Its been strange, but awesome at the same time. I can't believe Whats been going on here. I just love it. 

This week in my scripture study, I reread the story about Martha e mary in the Luke chapter 10. I Love this story so much. Its a story that Illustrates the really, the things in this life are important. be we always need remember that eventually, everything here on earth will go away, and only the things that we put forth into our "eternal Bank" are going to matter. I love the way that jesus answers Martha in verses 41-42. so clear and direct. If we all can try and remember that we need to chose the good part, then through out our day we can continue to make decisions that truely matter. 

Love you all, 
Elder Heiner

No comments:

Post a Comment