Monday, January 30, 2017

ATÉ O FIM.

Well, well well, 

the end is coming. 
Seems like running to an end that I don't want to arrive. 
Weird how time seems to fly when you don't want it to fly, and it goes slow when you don't want it to go slow. 

I'm not going to have the much time to write this next week because.. well I'll be traveling a little bit, so I'd like to just write a few ending thoughts. 

Weird to think that for two years I've waken up everyday, prayed, put on a white shirt and tie, name badge, and left a usually smelly, moldy, Brazilian apartment. 

Even weirder to think that I left the apartment to talk to people in a strange language, about something that nobody likes to talk about and normal rejects on the first few words. 

Even Weirder than all this..... I've come to love it so much, that I can't believe that its ending. 

For this time I didn't have a cell phone, or tv, or even money. 

I didn't know if my family was well, 
or when would be the next time I would eat a good meal. 

Yet, I've come to love it so profoundly that my heart is strongly twisted in leaving, and returning to the world. 

It's been hard. I've had challenges, I didn't always love it or really want to be doing it. Especially in the beginning, yet all that changed. 

In little less than two weeks, I'll be returning to the world I left, but I won't be the same person. I've become a disciple of Christ for these last two years, and I'm determined to keep serving him until the last day of my life. 

He is the reason why I suffered. He is the reason why I sacrificed everything for two years, and He is the reason why I would do it all over again. 

I love this work. I know that this is the true church of god. That WE have prophets today, and that Christ is our savior, redeemer and king. I've come to love all the children of god, and that we should strive to be His servants. This earth is just a passage, and one day we will be accountable for our works. 

Love you all, 
Can't wait to see you guys in just a few short days. 
I'll be home on the 9th and my homecoming will be on the 18th. 11;00 at the bountiful Heights stake Center. 

Elder Heiner

No comments:

Post a Comment